Châteauneuf and Château...briand with Morel mushrooms
- 4 slices of Châteaubriand
- 1 leek, 1 carrot
- 1 bag of morel mushrooms
- 50g of butter
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 2 spoons of double cream
- salt, pepper
Preparing the recipe
- Put the dried morels in a bowl with warm water (for at least 1 hours).
- Finely chop the white part of the leek and cut up the carrot in thin slices, lightly browning them in a pan with a pat of butter.
- When the vegetables have a little colour, sprinkle in the flour and stir a few moments with a wooden spoon until the flour turns a little brown.
- Add in the white wine and a glass of hot water. Salt, pepper and let simmer 15 minutes without the lid.
- Then pour the sauce through a sieve into a pan, add the cream and the strained morels. Let cook 7 to 8 minutes on low heat.
- Sear the meat at high heat in a pan. Salt, pepper and place it on the serving plate.
- Coat the tournedos with the morel sauce and enjoy.
Pairs great with a: Châteauneuf-du-Pape (red) Les Cailloux for its elegance and finesse